We are thrilled to present some simple holiday staging tips and tricks to help you make the most of your space, when setting up for the holiday.
With Karie Bomstad, Owner and Stager at Staging Spaces and Design
Tips For Decorating The Front Porch
The front porch is an important space that welcomes all guests into your home. There many simple and beautiful ways to dress up your front porch. When decorating, outdoors, always keep in mind to use weather-resistance decor options. If you have front porch furniture, a fun way to incorporate decor is by using festive throw pillows or blankets to drape over chairs for a pop of color.
Dressing up your window plant shelf with greenery, lights, or even ornaments is another great way to pull in color to your front porch.
Don’t forget your front door. A wreath, tree, and doormat can work to bring the space together.
Tips for Decorating The Fireplace Mantle
When decorating your fireplace mantle, keep in mind that your goal is to add height and dimension. You can do this by placing garland, ornaments and other items to the mantle.
How to hang garland damage free:
- Lay the garland directly on top of the mantle or swag in front of the mantle
- Secure the garland with command hooks for easy removal
Use real or pho greenery and add different accessories to add depth and texture.
Pro Tips – Pick a theme and stick with it. Adding a wreath over a mirror can help to add a simple, yet festive touch to your great room.
Tips for Decorating The Tree
The Tree is the star of the show. Here are some tips for how to decorate it like a professional.
- Invest in a high quality tree, whether that’s real or artificial, and remember to shape the branches.
- Spread the branches out to make them look more full and natural.
- Keep to a color scheme. You can use bows and ribbon to make it feel chic and classy.
- Before placing your lights on the tree, make sure they are all in working order.
- If you’re using an artificial tree and you want to keep your lights for the following year, you can wrap them around each branch.
- Consider a non-traditional tree skirt. Such as galvanized collars, wood crates, or a chunky throw.
Tips for Decorating The Dining Room Table
Dress to impress with everyday practical decor. Bringing the outside in during the holidays is an effective and inexpensive way to make your table decorations more festive. Try strewing your table with branches, stems and pinecones and add chargers and placemats to bring the space together.
Bonus Tip for An Added Pop of Fun and Color
If you have any books laying around, you can wrap them in wrapping paper and lay them on your coffee table. The same goes for empty boxes! Wrap them up, and put them on display.
From all of us Hayden Homes and Staging SPaces & Design we thank you and we wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season. We hope you enjoyed these holiday decorating tips for your home.