Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company to work for in Oregon?
At HAYDEN HOMES our vision is To Be the Best Homebuilder on Earth! Care to join us? We have an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Project Manager to oversee homebuilding of our expanding communities in Salem, Oregon and surrounding areas.
- Are you comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a lot of moving parts?
- Are you a proactive problem-solver who can think outside the box?
- Do you have a safety focus and enjoy working in a collaborative manner with internal team members and external partners?
- Would you like to work for a company where you can proudly say “We built that!”?
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
As a residential construction Assistant Project Manager, you help us deliver the dream of homeownership and instill a sense of caring and trust with our customers, so they can feel proud to own a Hayden Home. You will manage and oversee the construction activities of new homes within your assigned communities. You will manage schedules, budgets, and trade partners ensuring each home is built safely, on time, within budget and to our high-quality standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Schedule Management – Manages each project by the schedule and oversees all construction activities within assigned community ensuring projects are completed following Hayden Homes systems, processes, and standards.
- Safety – Ensuring construction of homes is conducted in a safe manner and safety regulations are followed.
- Quality – Ensuring each home is constructed within quality standards and taking corrective action when quality standards are not met.
- Budget – Managing all financial duties associated with construction projects, keeping the projects on time and on budget.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
You are capable of driving results through effective communication and relationship building. You can manage your time effectively to ensure multiple deadlines are met amongst competing demands. Your knowledge in the building process drives quality, safety and timely delivery of homes. You maintain professionalism, composure and resiliency in difficult situations. You have pride in your work and are accountable for the outcomes of your work.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret building codes and construction documents; including but not limited to I-Joist and truss engineering, blueprints and grading plans.
- Ability to motivate suppliers and trade partners to deliver product timely and produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of four years of related construction experience required.
- Daily travel within local and regional areas required. To be considered, candidate must have or have access to a reliable vehicle, valid drivers’ license and drivers’ insurance.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
WHO WE ARE
Hayden Homes has been the Hometown Builder in communities across the Northwest for 30 years, with an unwavering commitment to building the highest quality home for the lowest possible cost. We have a collaborative, team centric and execution-oriented culture, and are passionate about supporting the communities where we build, work and live, in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. In February 2019, we were honored to be named #1 Best Company to Work For in Oregon by Oregon Business Magazine.
We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance. If you are a motivated individual with a strong work ethic who shares our core values and is looking for their next exciting opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
At Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.