Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company to work for in Oregon and among the best in 2020?
- Are you a persuasive communicator who can add to a fun, collaborative and dynamic team?
- Are you comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a lot of moving parts?
- Are you detail-oriented and have a love of numbers?
- Do you have a strong customer service orientation?
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
As an Accounting Specialist you will join a close-knit group of eight others to make up the accounting team here at Hayden Homes. If you enjoy problem solving, thinking outside the box, and working toward a common goal with a like-minded group of people, you could be the person we’re looking for! In this industry, the learning never stops whether it’s brushing up on GAAP for changes and new issues, learning about land development, homebuilding, borrowing, escrow or real estate. You will join a dynamic team of driven individuals who work hard and play hard.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for working collaboratively with the accounting, finance and accounts payable departments to ensure timely and accurate financial information. This position provides support to the controller and staff accountants.
You will be challenged to grow through:
- Responsibility for creating and distributing invoices for various land development projects in process.
- Completing daily accounting entries including booking home closings and helping the VP of Finance manage daily cash flow.
- Learning to reconcile our complex collateral pool loan statements monthly.
- Responsibility for month-end balance sheet entries and reconciliations.
- Responsibility for other month-end loan, bank and GL reconciliations.
- The opportunity to reconcile and post various credit card accounts monthly.
- Helping with the annual budgeting process.
- Helping with the annual financial statement audit.
- Learning every facet of the accounting and AP departments, while working with our 10-person team, from utilizing our cutting-edge home-building software, to reconciling multi-million-dollar credit facilities.
This is an opportunity to use your accounting skills in a fast-paced work environment with no limits; to think autonomously and creatively, while working with a driven team focused on building wealth for our customers, team members, communities, and the northwest economy. There is never a dull moment here at Hayden Homes, and for the right motivated person, this job presents an incredible opportunity!
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
You are an active listener and communicate proactively and effectively with internal team members and external partners. You enjoy building relationships and working in a collaborative manner with others. You are detail oriented and can maintain an extended focus on your duties within a deadline driven, fast paced work environment.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
- Experience in accounting industry preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, to various audiences.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks, likely with competing priorities.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with team members to produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
WHO WE ARE
HAYDEN HOMES has been fulfilling the dream of home ownership for thirty years. As the largest residential home builder in the Pacific Northwest, we build high quality homes at an affordable price. Our Give As You Go ™ philosophy supports our team members in giving of our time, talent and resources to the communities where we live and work.
We are continually striving to enhance the experience of our team members, which is one of the reasons we’ve been named the #1 Best Company to Work For by Oregon Business Magazine and Seattle Business Magazine, and are in the top 10 Best Places to Work in Idaho.
At Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.