WHO WE ARE
Hayden Homes has been the Hometown Builder in communities across the Northwest for nearly 30 years, with an unwavering commitment to building the highest quality home for the lowest possible cost. We have a collaborative, team centric and execution oriented culture, and are passionate about supporting the communities where we build, work and live, in Idaho, Oregon and Washington. We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance. If you’re a motivated individual with a strong work ethic who shares our core values and is looking for their next exciting opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
As a Staff Accountant, you will join a close-knit group of ten others to make up the accounting team here at Hayden Homes. If you enjoy problem solving, thinking outside the box, and working toward a common goal with a like-minded group of people, you could be the person we’re looking for! In this industry, the learning never stops whether it’s brushing up on GAAP for changes and new issues, learning about land development, homebuilding, borrowing, escrow or real estate. You will join a dynamic team of driven individuals who work hard and play hard.
You will be challenged to grow through:
- Responsibility for project level, community level, and regional level in-depth analysis, which informs timely, in-market decision making.
- The opportunity to prepare the monthly financial reporting package for various regions, entities, etc.
- Helping manage the GL and financials for single-purpose entities.
- Constantly seeking new ways to look at the numbers, and useful data and analysis to provide to decision makers.
- Developing rapport with regional leadership teams, to be able to communicate and educate regarding financial information.
- Helping to evolve our reporting package as the business evolves, new questions arise, etc.
- Coming up with ad hoc analysis as a result of specific questions and needs that arise as the Company grows.
- The opportunity to present financial data and analysis to the senior management team, regional leadership teams, and directors.
- Monthly reconciliation of tens of millions of dollars of inventory, ranging from raw land to completed spec homes, in communities throughout the Pacific and Inland Northwest.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, bank accounts and construction loans.
- Helping with the annual budgeting process.
- Helping with the annual audit.
- Learning every facet of the accounting and AP departments, while working with our 10-person team, from utilizing our cutting-edge home-building software, to reconciling multi-million dollar credit facilities.
This is an opportunity to use your accounting expertise in a fast-paced work environment with no limits; to think autonomously and creatively, while working with a driven team focused on building wealth for our customers, team members, communities, and the northwest economy. There is never a dull moment here at Hayden Homes, and for the right motivated person, this job presents an incredible opportunity!
WHAT YOU NEED
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
- Experience in accounting industry preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, to various audiences
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks, likely with competing priorities
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with team members to produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Travel: Approximately 1% annually within local and regional areas. Employee will use their own vehicle.
WHAT WE OFFER
Your benefits package from Hayden Homes consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Healthcare coverage, Health and dependent daycare accounts, Disability protection, Retirement benefits, Paid time off, Home purchase program, Professional development and much more.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet in the office.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role but occasionally is required to reach with arms and use hands and fingers to grab, pull, push, lift and at times will need to stand, crouch, crawl, stoop, and bend.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds or more.
This job description is a general description of the job. This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that this position may perform.
Hayden Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.