WHO WE ARE
Simplicity by Hayden Homes is an on-your-land homebuilder that builds high-quality homes using Hayden Homes’ plans. We manage the burden of coordinating and scheduling multiple tasks throughout the homebuilding process for our customers. We deliver our customers’ homes on time and on budget with zero defects. We are passionate about what we do – Building wealth for our Customers, Team Members and the Northwest Economy is WHY Simplicity exists.
Simplicity has a collaborative, team centric, and execution oriented culture. We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance. If you’re a motivated individual with a strong work ethic who shares our core values and is looking for their next exciting opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
As a Senior Financial Accountant, you will join a close-knit group in the Support Center at Simplicity Homes. If you enjoy problem solving, thinking outside the box, and working toward a common goal with a like-minded group of people, you could be the person we’re looking for! You will join a dynamic team of driven individuals who work hard and play hard.
- Compile monthly financial statement information ensuring that it is accurate and posted in the correct month, communities and accounts as well as processing allocations to regions and auditing the G/L.
- Prepare and present the monthly Financial Statement and Graph Package to the leadership teams.
- Responsible for Project Accounting at the project level, community level and regional level in depth analysis, which informs timely, in-market decision making.
- Complete various month-end closings and miscellaneous account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Responsible for Work In Progress Excel Workbook routinely updating with contract price and cost information throughout construction watching margins and proactively looking for opportunities.
- Complete monthly accruals for Job Cost Accounting and other miscellaneous G/L Accounts.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly cash reconciliations.
- Learn every faucet of the Accounting Department while working with our team, from utilizing our cutting-edge home-building software, to supporting our streamlining efforts.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable providing the necessary back up.
- Responsible for year-end audits, archiving and issuing of 1099’s.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The opportunity to develop into an Accounting Manager, streamline processes and create procedures.
- The opportunity to constantly seek new ways to look at the numbers and useful data to analyze and provide to senior managers evolving our current processes and creating or developing new graphs and dashboards in order to create better visibility for decision making, understanding and accurate projections.
- The opportunity to evolve our reporting package as the business evolves and new questions arise coming up with ad hoc analysis as a result of specific questions needs that arise as the company grows.
This is an opportunity to use your accounting expertise in a fast-paced work environment with no limits; to think autonomously and creatively, while working with a driven team focused on building wealth for our customers, team members, communities, and the northwest economy.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of four years of progressive, relevant accounting experience required.
- Experience in construction accounting is strongly desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, to various audiences.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks, likely with competing priorities.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with team members to produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically with advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Travel: Approximately 10% annually within local and regional areas. Employee will use their own vehicle.
WHAT WE OFFER
Your benefits package from Hayden Homes consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Healthcare coverage, Health and dependent daycare accounts, Disability protection, Retirement benefits, Paid time off, Home purchase program, Professional development and much more.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet in the office.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role but occasionally is required to reach with arms and use hands and fingers to grab, pull, push, lift and at times will need to stand, crouch, crawl, stoop, and bend. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds or more.
This job description is a general description of the job. This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that this position may perform.
Simplicity by Hayden Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.