Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company to work for in Oregon?
COME BUILD WITH THE BEST!
- Are you comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a lot of moving parts?
- Do you enjoy exhibiting a high level of customer service?
- Are you good with details?
- Would you like to work for a company where you can proudly say “We built that!”?
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The Residential Permitting Specialist oversees the permit process for construction contracts, ensuring that Building Permits are obtained in a timely manner within all jurisdictions located throughout Oregon, Washington and Idaho. The Residential Permitting Specialist serves as the main point of contact in regard to permit and jurisdiction questions and follow-up for customers and employees during the timeframe from contract submission until the Building Permit is issued and construction can begin.
Your responsibilities will include:
Permit Assessment and Execution – Assess all contract files to obtain Building Permits following specific jurisdictional requirements and processes.
- Identifies within each construction contract the home plan as a standard, modified, farmworker, or custom and then determines direction of next steps, within two business days of GONG.
- Compiles all plan pages required from the Hayden Homes Library and redlines pages according to selected options when the plan is standard.
- Collaborates with the Plans Department when there are design or structural modifications and there is a modified plan set needed to submit with the Building Permit Application.
Document Control – Ensures all documents compiled, sent, saved, logged and tracked are correctly documented.
- Collaborates with the Plans Department to obtain Site Plans utilizing the completed site sketch form and plat map from construction contracts with every Turnkey Contract as well as determined Non-Turnkey Contracts.
- Facilitates the collection of new truss layouts, flooring and/or structural engineering, beam calcs, and cabinet layouts when there are modifications to the standard plans.
- Compiles plan sets, calcs, layouts, any and all changes, saves and uploads to the Job Record in Sapphire, indicating when final and approved.
- Maintains document checklists for every start file, updates and revises as necessary organizing by specific jurisdictional requirements.
Permit Schedule Management – Maintains constant awareness of the permit tracking for every individual job and ensures communication to the Support Center and to the customer is clear and always up to date.
- Communicates to the customer immediately upon construction contract review as an introduction and greeting relaying contact information. This communication consists of notifying the customer of next steps, responsibilities, requirements and assuring that the Building Permit process is underway, and expectations have been set.
- Maintains constant communication with customers and the jurisdictions following up for permit status through completed approval, responding and prioritizing requests for information in a timely manner.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
You have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. You have the ability to contribute to and support team success, building strong relationships with internal team members and external customers. You are able to maintain a high level of ownership mentality and accountability in your work.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business, or related field preferred.
- Understanding of contractual documents and basic construction terminology is preferred.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work with team members to produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office One Drive, Excel, PDF, and Docusign.
- Keep all work organized and available for team members to reference.
- Identify and share improvements to our processes and tools.
- Two years of related construction experience strongly preferred.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Simplicity by Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
WHO WE ARE
Simplicity by Hayden Homes is an on-your-land homebuilder that builds high-quality homes throughout Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. We manage the burden of coordinating and scheduling multiple tasks throughout the homebuilding process for our customers ensuring their home is built on time and on budget with zero defects. We are passionate about what we do – Building wealth for our Customers, Team Members, the Communities in which we build and the Northwest Economy is WHY Simplicity exists.
Simplicity has a collaborative, team centric, and execution-oriented culture. We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance, which is why we were named the #1 Best Company to Work For by Oregon Business Magazine in 2019.
At Simplicity by Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.