WHO WE ARE
Simplicity by Hayden Homes is an on-your-land homebuilder that builds high-quality homes using Hayden Homes’ plans. We manage the burden of coordinating and scheduling multiple tasks throughout the homebuilding process for our customers. We deliver our customers’ homes on time and on budget with zero defects. We are passionate about what we do – Building wealth for our Customers, Team Members, the Communities in which we Build and the Northwest Economy is WHY Simplicity exists.
Simplicity has a collaborative, team centric, and execution oriented culture. We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance. If you’re a motivated individual with a strong work ethic who shares our core values and is looking for their next exciting opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The Customer Service Manager manages the quality of homes and customer experience by ensuring service and warranty requests are fulfilled and completed in a timely manner throughout Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
Management – Manages the daily operations of Simplicity customer service.
- Manages and directs the daily schedules of Project Managers and Subcontractors to ensure warranty work is completed in a timely manner.
- Manages and oversees the work of subcontractors to ensure work is completed on schedule, on budget, and to our satisfaction.
- Negotiates with subcontractors and product/service providers on time and cost of repairs and selects the best fit for the issue.
- Follows up on all outstanding work orders with subcontractors, project managers and customers to make sure all work is completed.
- Provides regular status reports to management on any open service requests and feedback on subcontractor and project manager performance.
- Identifies and implements ways to enhance the customer experience on an ongoing basis and actively shares information with the entire Simplicity Team.
- Issues service orders in Sapphire and reviews and approves invoices for payment.
Customer Service – Interacts with customers ensuring their service and warranty issues are addressed.
- Proactively engage customers throughout preconstruction and construction to ensure a positive customer experience and to make sure that they are getting this from all Simplicity employees and departments.
- Serves as the first point of contact to homeowners with outstanding service or warranty items.
- Answers all incoming phone calls on the Customer Service Support line ensuring each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting customers and listening to their concerns.
- Manages all new warranty requests submitted by homeowners via our e-quire database, the phone and in-person.
- Coordinates and schedules warranty service appointments with customers and suppliers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Meets with customers and subcontractors on site to make sure all warranty and service items are completed and obtains customer sign off as necessary.
Technician – Diagnoses customer service and warranty requests and identifies and selects the appropriate course of action.
- Researches, details and substantiates each service claim, including liability and building damage.
- Occasionally performs minor repairs in residential homes as needed.
- Performs warranty quality inspections and documents and tracks all items.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management and related field preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Hands on repair skills and knowledge of basic construction procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to various audiences.
- Must be self-directed, resourceful and able to meet deadline with professional, quality results.
- Ability to creatively solve problems, work under time constraints while functioning at a high level of effectiveness.
- Exceptional organizational abilities including ability to multi-task and prioritize workload while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of the organization as well as build relationships with outside resources.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Two (2) years’ Customer Service experience required.
- Two (2) years’ construction field experience strongly preferred.
- Warranty experience preferred.
- Supervisory responsibility experience strongly preferred.
Travel: Approximately 50% travel in the state of Oregon with occasional travel to homes in Washington and Idaho. Reliable transportation is required.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Simplicity by Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
The following work conditions and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to and works in outside weather conditions and thus is exposed to wet, humid, hot and/or cold conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet in the office, and moderate to loud in the field. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and use hands and fingers to grab, pull, push and lift. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 – 40 pounds or more. An example of lifting is cabinets, appliances or other construction related items.
The employee will have to walk on uneven/unfinished surfaces such as rocky grades and around disturbed surfaces such as trenches or un-graded areas, construction debris, etc. The employee must also stand, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb. The employee may have to step up or down to get into or out of homes under construction (at times 2’ or more). The employee may be required to position and use a 6’-8’ ladder for light work such as painting, caulking or other light duty construction tasks.
This job description is a general description of the job. This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that this position may perform.
Simplicity by Hayden Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.