Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company to work for in Oregon?
COME BUILD WITH THE BEST!
- Are you a persuasive communicator who can add to a fun, collaborative and dynamic team?
- Are you comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a lot of moving parts?
- Are you a strong numbers person?
- Would you like to work for a company where you can proudly say “We built that!”?
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The Accounting Assistant will assist with the Accounts Payable Specialist in providing support to the entire Simplicity Team as well as our Trade Partners by ensuring timely payments are completed and expenses are controlled by verifying and reconciling invoices and statements in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. The Accounting Assistant will also assist the Construction Contracts Billing Administrator with progress billings, and provide unparalleled Customer Service.
Your responsibilities will include:
Assist with the following Accounts Payable duties – Ensures that vendors and subcontractors are paid for materials delivered or work performed according to terms, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process and batch accounts payable payments from the production software (Sapphire) to the accounting system (Microsoft Dynamics SL) once purchase orders are completed by the vendor and approved by the project manager.
- Enter invoices into accounting system for payment verifying no duplicates and correct coding.
- Manage Accounts Payable emails responding to trade partners questions, provide aging reports, assist project managers with account and payment inquires and forward calls and emails appropriately.
- Manages new vendor set up and follows up to ensure all required documentation is received and entered.
- Processes daily and weekly check runs, based on the current AP aging, ensuring that payments are made in a timely manner and verifying the aging report is accurate.
Assist with the following Billing duties – Ensures that billings are prepared according to contract terms and delivered to the customers throughout construction and the building process.
- Reads and understand all construction contracts, including the requirements and differences of each project, using this information to make decisions regarding the monthly billing process.
- Creates new project accounts in the accounting system immediately following the contractual documentation submitted by our New Home Advisors.
- Creates all project-related billings and sends to customers according to the current job costing and/or contractual obligations on a monthly basis, following through with communication to ensure mutual understanding of billing presentations.
- Maintains Project-Related Records collecting all Addendums and Change Orders ensuring that all customer contracts are up to date, including contract values, billings and close out documentation.
Administrative Leadership– Works closely with the Support Center team and Project Managers to maintain job data as required to perform tasks accurately while maintaining open communication to all internal and external customers.
- Tracking and logging of all project close out requirements within Sapphire so that the project managers are aware of any needed items from the customer prior to the New Home Orientation date in effort for a seamless satisfied customer at key delivery.
- Tracking and logging of all New Home Orientation and Certificate of Occupancy documentation within Sapphire to ensure that all documents are received, scanned and delivered to the banks and/or title companies that require them.
- Respond to, research and follow-up on any requests received from any and all internal and external customers providing an unparalleled customer experience.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
You are an active listener and communicate proactively and effectively with internal team members and external partners. You enjoy building relationships and working in a collaborative manner with others. You are detail oriented and can maintain an extended focus on your duties within a deadline driven, fast paced work environment.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in data entry.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, to various audiences.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to perform calculations.
- Ability to work with team members to produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Ability to be flexible and react quickly to changing business conditions.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience in accounting department preferred.
- Previous experience in the administrative construction environment preferred.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Simplicity by Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
WHO WE ARE
Simplicity by Hayden Homes is an on-your-land homebuilder that builds high-quality homes throughout Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. We manage the burden of coordinating and scheduling multiple tasks throughout the homebuilding process for our customers ensuring their home is built on time and on budget with zero defects. We are passionate about what we do – Building wealth for our Customers, Team Members, the Communities in which we build and the Northwest Economy is WHY Simplicity exists.
Simplicity has a collaborative, team centric, and execution-oriented culture. We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance, which is why we were named the #1 Best Company to Work For by Oregon Business Magazine in 2019.
At Simplicity by Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.