Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company to work for in Washington?
At HAYDEN HOMES our vision is To Be the Best Homebuilder on Earth! Care to join us? We have an opportunity for an experienced Regional Land Development Manager in our Inland Northwest region. This position may be based in either Spokane or the Tri-Cities, Washington area.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The Regional Land Development Manager monitors regional land development needs and manages the land use and development process including feasibility, design, entitlements, and construction of residential subdivisions.
Your responsibilities will include:
Feasibility – Conducts due diligence on potential land development opportunities.
Design – Provides input to consultants and reviews subdivision design to ensure efficiency and conformance with company standards.
Entitlements – Facilitates the processes involved to obtain land entitlements from respective municipalities.
Construction – Manages contractors, vendors, budget and schedule throughout the infrastructure construction process.
Leadership – Leads land development activities within region and collaborates with regional team, executive team, local jurisdictions and contractors to resolve miscellaneous matters related to residential subdivisions.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
As a Regional Land Development Manager, you communicate effectively and concisely and build strong working relationships. You are a strong negotiator, and able to work with a diverse group of consultants, contractors, and vendors, utilizing your solid conflict resolution skills when needed. You are adept on planning and prioritizing your work, holding yourself accountable to create regional opportunities that align with Hayden Homes’ land development strategies.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction related field desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of heavy civil construction contracting processes, methods, and cost analysis.
- General knowledge of residential infrastructure and building construction.
- Knowledge and understanding of land use entitlement and land division laws, processes and procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in PDF editor (Adobe, BlueBeam or equivalent).
- Construction and Project Management.
- Proficient in AutoCAD desired, but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret civil engineering plans and specifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to various audiences.
- Able to make public presentations at City/County Council and Commission Hearings and meet with public officials in a professional manner.
- Can build relationships and communicate effectively with individuals in various functional areas inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to motivate team members to produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and coach employees, challenging direct reports to excel in all aspects of performance.
- Ability to make financially responsible decisions to accomplish goals and maintain high company standard.
Professional Certification: Professional Engineering license preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in at least one of the following areas: land development, civil engineering, land surveying or land planning required.
- Previous real estate/development experience in Construction, and/or Engineering, strongly preferred.
Travel: Approximately 25% annually within local and regional areas. Team member may be required to use their own vehicle when required to travel.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
WHO WE ARE
HAYDEN HOMES has been fulfilling the dream of home ownership for thirty years. As the largest residential home builder in the Pacific Northwest, we build high quality homes at an affordable price. Our Give As You Go ™ philosophy supports our team members in giving of our time, talent and resources to the communities where we live and work.
We are continually striving to enhance the experience of our team members, which is one of the reasons we’ve been named the #1 Best Company to Work For by Oregon Business Magazine and Seattle Business Magazine, and are in the top 10 Best Places to Work in Idaho.
At Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.