Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company to work for in Oregon and among the best in 2020?
- Are you an AutoCAD Pro?
- Are you comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment?
- Would you like to work for a company where you can proudly say “We built that!”?
Simplicity by Hayden Homes is looking to add the right person to its Plans Team. Could that be you? Read on…
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
As a Simplicity Residential Drafter, you will be responsible for plan modifications and custom design work for Simplicity Homes as assigned by the Plans Department Manager.
Design – Performs plan modifications and custom design work for Simplicity Homes as assigned.
- Researches and understands current submittal requirements and building/energy code for design projects throughout a variety of jurisdictions.
- Creates plan submittals for permit approval to cities/counties, and creates construction documents detailing structural elements, options, lot placement, etc.
- Drafts all aspects of custom residential design projects including conceptual plans, elevations, floor and roof framing, details, and site plans.
- Reviews and coordinates floor and truss plans with engineers based on standards and design requirements.
- Coordinate a variety of plan-related aspects to support the permit submittal process, estimating, production and construction team members.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
As a Simplicity Residential Drafter, you are an active listener, strong communicator and can work collaboratively within a team environment. You are able to recognize relationships between concepts and apply learning to solve problems from one context to another. You take a systematic approach to make the workflow more effective and efficient in an ever-changing environment. You manage your time through planning and priority setting and hold yourself accountable for producing quality work within tight timeframes.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience required.
- Drafting Degree, Drafting Certificate, or similar degree strongly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the construction process, terms and building components of residential buildings.
- Working knowledge of International Residential Code (IRC) and local residential building codes and prescriptive bracing methods.
- Working knowledge of jurisdictional Energy Codes and applying new codes as they get updated per jurisdiction preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in 3-D modeling and renderings preferred.
- Ability to read, draft, and modify residential building plans in compliance with code requirements.
- Ability to create original plan designs.
- Ability to manage projects, track milestones, and effectively communicate with Project stake holders.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years of residential design work using AutoCAD preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on work experience in an architectural/residential design field preferred.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Simplicity by Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
WHO WE ARE
Simplicity by Hayden Homes is an on-your-land homebuilder that builds high-quality homes throughout Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. We manage the burden of coordinating and scheduling multiple tasks throughout the homebuilding process for our customers ensuring their home is built on time and on budget with zero defects. We are passionate about what we do – Building wealth for our Customers, Team Members, the Communities in which we build and the Northwest Economy is WHY Simplicity exists.
Simplicity has a collaborative, team centric, and execution-oriented culture. We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance, which is why we were named the #1 Best Company to Work For by Oregon Business Magazine in 2019.
At Simplicity by Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.