Living in Central Oregon during the summertime means having a calendar that’s so dotted with activities, your iPhone calendar starts to look like it has the chicken pox. That’s why our employees choose to work, live, and play here, and that’s why we continue to build communities throughout lively Central Oregon (and the just-as-wonderful surrounding Northwest region).
So whether you are in Central Oregon for vacation, or for good, don’t miss the opportunity to attend these wonderful summer events:
1. Bend Summer Concerts (Sponsored by Hayden Homes)
Les Schwab Amphitheater hosts some of the biggest names in entertainment, right in Bend’s backyard. Tickets range in price from $35 – $79, depending on the musician. Headliners include:
- June 28 – Steve Miller Band ($39 – 79, 6:30pm)
- July 12 – Pink Martini ($35 – 65, 6:30pm)
- August 11 – Michael Franti & Spearhead ($36, 6:30pm)
2. Summer Sunday Concert Series on the Lawn
Check out the concerts on the lawn of the Les Schwab Amphitheater (or enjoy the music as you float by on your way down the Deschutes) on Sundays in June, July, and August from 2:30 – 4:30pm. Pets, kids, and picnic baskets welcome! Oh, and did we mention it’s FREE? Concert titles include:
- June 23 – Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside
- June 30 – Marley’s Ghost
- July 14 – Tumbleweed Wanderers
- July 21 – Sarsaparilla
- July 28 – Tony Smiley
- August 4 – Cedric Watson and Bijou Creole
3. Pickin’ & Paddlin’ at Tumalo Creek
A Bend favorite, the Pickin’ & Paddlin’ series is like a paddle party on the Deschutes. Enjoy live music, boat and board demos, and local brew. Boat demos start at 4 – 7pm, and music starts at 7pm. Dates and titles include:
- June 26 – The Pitchfork Revolution
- July 31 – Polecat
- August 28 – Wayward Vessel
- September 27 – The Giraffe Dodgers
4. Beer and Brew Events
Now earning a reputation as the most breweries per capita in the United States, how else would you celebrate the beer-friendly, hop growing, brewery boasting town of Bend than a series of summer-inspired brew events? Don’t miss out on the following beer events this summer:
- June 20 (5 – 10pm, $20) – The Fermentation Celebration – a beer walk at the Old Mill. $20 for a Silipint and 4oz tastings a each location.
- June 22 (1 – 5pm, FREE) – Deschutes Brewery 25th Anniversary Party – a anniversary party at Drake Park with family-friendly activities, live music, and local fare.
- August 15 – 17 (3pm – 11pm, $12) – 10th Annual Brewfest – Over 140 craft brews from 60 breweries at the Bend Brewfest at the Les Schwab Amphitheater. Admission is free, children are welcome until 7pm, and $12 buys you a tasting package.
5. Munch n Music (Sponsored by Hayden Homes)
Family fun at Drake Park every Thursday from July 11 through August 15th from 5:30 until 9:30pm. Enjoy live music, local suds and food, and activities for the kids. Admission is free.
See you there!