WHO WE ARE
First Story is a nonprofit organization that was founded in 1998 in Redmond, OR. First Story collaborates with builder Hayden Homes to provide integrated affordable homeownership opportunities to lower-income families. The nonprofit is governed by a Board of Directors and has two full-time staff members and one part-time accountant.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Marketing & Event Manager will spearhead marketing, graphic design, social media, web development, event planning for fundraising efforts, as well as manage miscellaneous administrative duties.
This individual must possess strong organizational skills as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. This individual will be expected to communicate with a diverse group of people including the First Story Board of Directors and the employees at Hayden Homes.
Marketing & Graphic Design: Design and develop web and print based marketing materials including the annual report, monthly newsletter, event flyers, invitations, graphics & marketing materials, fillable PDF forms, and large-scale signage.
Social Media Management & Web Development: Create and execute monthly social media campaigns. Create and manage website content, including a blog, through the online CMS. Act as liason between First Story and the web development company.
Event Planning & Coordination: Lead the planning and execution of the annual charity gala and golf tournament fundraiser. Support the Executive Director in various regional team-building and home events.
Office Administration: Manage back of the house operations including: sale and loan records, homeowner insurance, monthly data entry into QuickBooks, year-end donation letters, shipping & mailing, ordering office and marketing supplies and other duties as communicated by the Executive Director.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field ( Public Relations, Communications or Event Planning) or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience preferred.
- Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro.
- Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Experience with various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Strong event coordinating skills with the ability to plan, prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Quickly learns new technical skills, programs and online services.
- Creatively solves problems and works under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational abilities.
Schedule & Travel:
This position is primarily in-house with full-time work hours, but may periodically require a flexible schedule to accommodate events in the evening and/or on weekends.
Travel may be required within the local area. This individual will use their own vehicle at their own expense for local travel.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Salary based on experience. Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans, 401k Retirement Investment, Short-term Disability, eight (8) paid holidays per year plus PTO.
This job description is a general description of the Marketing & Event Manager role. It may not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that this position may require.
First Story is an equal opportunity employer. First Story does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.