WHO WE ARE
Hayden Homes has been the Hometown Builder in communities across the Northwest for nearly 30 years, with an unwavering commitment to building the highest quality home for the lowest possible cost. We have a collaborative, team centric and execution oriented culture, and are passionate about supporting the communities where we build, work and live, in Idaho, Oregon and Washington. We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance. If you’re a motivated individual with a strong work ethic who shares our core values and is looking for their next exciting opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- As the Customer Service Technician, you will have the opportunity to:
- Perform Warranty Quality Inspections which includes visiting the home owner to:
- Perform an onsite evaluation regarding the warranty request.
- Review the warranty request for what work is covered or not covered and explain warranty time periods, coverages, and procedures-If covered, identify the appropriate way to fix the issue and who will perform the work.
- Estimate the cost to correct the issue.
- Communicate with the home owner regarding the breadth of the correction.
- Organize, schedule, and directly communicate with subs to include negotiating the dollar amount for the work to be performed, ensure work is completed timely, within budget and to our satisfaction.
- Approve all invoices.
- Conduct New Home Buyer Orientations which entails thoroughly explaining the use and care of all features of the new home and explains how to request a warranty service request, if one is needed.
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management and related field preferred
- Minimum of two years construction field experience required.
- Previous customer service related experience required.
- Warranty experience preferred
- Hands on repair skills
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to various audiences.
- Ability to creatively solve problems, work under time constraints while functioning at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, independence and initiative without daily interaction with management.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and customer service skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of the organization as well as build relationships with outside resources.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
Travel: Depending on the region, approximately 20% – 50% annually within local and regional areas (mainly day trips). To be considered, candidate must have or have access to a reliable vehicle, drivers insurance and a valid drivers’ license.
WHAT WE OFFER
Your benefits package from Hayden Homes consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Healthcare coverage, Health and Dependent Daycare Accounts, Disability protection, Retirements benefits, Paid Time Off, Home Purchase Program, Professional Training and much more.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to and works in outside weather conditions and thus is exposed to wet, humid, hot and/or cold conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet in the office, and moderate to loud in the field.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and use hands and fingers to grab, pull, push and lift. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 – 40 pounds or more. An example of lifting are cabinets, appliances or other construction related items.
The employee will have to walk on uneven/unfinished surfaces such as rocky grades and around disturbed surfaces such as trenches or un-graded areas, construction debris, etc. The employee must also stand, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb. The employee may have to step up or down to get into or out of homes under construction (at times 2’ or more). The employee may be required to position and use a 6’-8’ ladder for light work such as painting, caulking or other light duty construction tasks.
This job description is a general description of the job. This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that this position may perform.
Hayden Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.