Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company to work for in Oregon and among the best in 2020?
At HAYDEN HOMES our vision is To Be the Best Homebuilder on Earth! Care to join us? We have an opportunity for an experienced Customer Service Technician who will work in our communities located in our North Willamette Valley locations, to include the Salem, Dallas, Independence, Stayton, and Albany areas.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The Customer Service Technician ensures quality completion of homes and readiness for New Home Orientations. They also respond to customer warranty requests promptly to ensure completion of warranty items on time, on budget and to our quality standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
Quality Assurance (QA), New Home Orientations (NHO), Sales Turnover of Inventory Homes (STOI) – Ensures quality completion of homes by performing Quality Assurance Inspections, participating in New Home Orientations, and facilitating the Turnover of completed Inventory homes to Sales.
- Schedules QAs in accordance with project manager schedules.
- Monitors QA, NHO, and promise dates to ensure proper time is allotted between each milestone.
- Performs QA Inspections three days prior to completion of home.
- Conducts NHOs with customers: thoroughly explains the use and care of all features of the new home, specific warranty coverage and how to initiate a Service Request. Explains warranty time periods, coverages, and procedures to the customer and documents any remaining defects.
- Verifies defects are completed and submits proper paperwork to warranty managers and local team.
Service Request Management & Customer Follow-up Calls– Promptly and completely addresses customer Warranty requests, manages subcontractors and follows up with customers at regular intervals during the Warranty period.
- Manages daily schedules to accomplish all warranty work in a timely manner. Ensures subcontractors complete work on schedule, on budget and to our satisfaction.
- Schedules and performs warranty work as needed.
- Negotiates costs and backcharges to subcontractors prior to work being performed.
- Completes Service Requests by ensuring prompt submission of invoices for payment, if applicable.
- Conducts customer follow-up calls three weeks after homes are closed to ensure customer is satisfied with new home. Opens new service requests or helps address any concerns as necessary.
- Manages all calls after hours for emergency customer needs. Based on a rotation of all Customer Service Technicians throughout the year, each Technician will provide Customer care over a weekend and after normal business hours for a short period of time.
- Facilitates the repairs of each emergency and manages non-emergency calls to be handled the following business day.
Warranty On-Call – Participates in the rotation of on-call warranty service to respond immediately to after-hours emergency requests.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
You are able to build effective working relationships with internal team members, and external customers. You are accountable for providing a high level of customer service using established systems and processes to ensure quality work, and timely completion of tasks. You are organized and use your time effectively to ensure timelines are met or exceeded. You maintain professionalism, composure and resiliency in difficult situations.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management and related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ construction field experience required.
- Previous customer service related experience required.
- Warranty experience preferred.
- Hands on repair skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to various audiences.
- Ability to creatively solve problems, work under time constraints while functioning at a high level of effectiveness, flexibility, independence and initiative without daily interaction with management.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and customer service skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of the organization as well as build relationships with outside resources.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
Travel: Depending on the region, approximately 20% – 50% annually within local and regional areas (mainly day trips). To be considered, candidate must have or have access to a reliable vehicle, driver’s insurance and a valid drivers’ license.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
WHO WE ARE
HAYDEN HOMES has been fulfilling the dream of home ownership for thirty years. As the largest residential home builder in the Pacific Northwest, we build high quality homes at an affordable price. Our Give As You Go ™ philosophy supports our team members in giving of our time, talent and resources to the communities where we live and work.
We are continually striving to enhance the experience of our team members, which is one of the reasons we’ve been named the #1 Best Company to Work For by Oregon Business Magazine and Seattle Business Magazine, and are in the top 10 Best Places to Work in Idaho.
At Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.