Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company to work for in Oregon?
COME BUILD WITH THE BEST!
- Are you a persuasive communicator who can add to a fun, collaborative and dynamic team?
- Are you comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a lot of moving parts?
- Do you have a strong customer service orientation?
- Would you like to work for a company where you can proudly say “We built that!”?
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The Custom Option Pricer/Estimator provides the necessary prices and support to the New Home Advisor Team answering their questions and concerns regarding desired customer changes through the sales process. Through collaboration and alignment with the Sales and Preconstruction teams, gather shared information from multiple resources to provide pricing to the New Home Advisors while also offering explanations and reasonings for them to have successful communications with customers regarding their desired changes and/or non-standard requests.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Pricing Custom Options – provide New Home Advisors with pricing on custom option requests.
- New Home Support – First point of contact for the New Home Advisors to answer questions and assist when needed regarding customer requests.
- Shared Information – Ensure all custom options pricing is kept organized for future reference, consistency and an accessible resource.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
You are an active listener, communicate in a clear and consistent manner, and provide a high level of customer service to the project teams. You are comfortable seeking out information, researching pricing options and negotiating on pricing where needed. You enjoy building relationships and working in a collaborative manner within a team environment.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Equivalent experience or bachelor’s degree in construction management, business, or related field preferred.
- Understanding of basic construction terminology and estimating costs is preferred.
- Knowledge of common construction practices.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work with team members to produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office One Drive, Excel, PDF, and DocuSign.
- Keep all work organized and available for team members to reference.
- Identify and share improvements to our processes and tools.
- Two years of related construction experience in estimating or sales strongly preferred.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Simplicity by Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
WHO WE ARE
Simplicity by Hayden Homes is an on-your-land homebuilder that builds high-quality homes throughout Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. We manage the burden of coordinating and scheduling multiple tasks throughout the homebuilding process for our customers ensuring their home is built on time and on budget with zero defects. We are passionate about what we do – Building wealth for our Customers, Team Members, the Communities in which we build and the Northwest Economy is WHY Simplicity exists.
Simplicity has a collaborative, team centric, and execution-oriented culture. We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance, which is why we were named the #1 Best Company to Work For by Oregon Business Magazine in 2019.
At Simplicity by Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.