Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company to work for in Oregon?
COME BUILD WITH THE BEST!
- Are you a persuasive communicator who can add to a fun, collaborative and dynamic team?
- Are you comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a lot of moving parts?
- Are you a strong numbers person?
- Would you like to work for a company where you can proudly say “We built that!”?
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The estimator’s primary function is to calculate the total costs of construction and generate purchase orders that can be passed on to the production team. This includes material takeoffs, soliciting bids, pricing custom and nonstandard items, and building and maintaining relationships with suppliers, sub-contractors and New Home Advisors.
Your responsibilities will include:
Material Take Offs – Estimate quantity and cost of materials.
- Ensure the accuracy of material takeoffs for each project by utilizing existing information or doing specific takeoffs for nonstandard items or houses.
- Create list of materials to be uploaded into Sapphire to create material POs.
- Utilize software and create assemblies within PlanSwift to improve efficiency and accuracy.
Soliciting Bids – Contact sub-contractors for pricing and build and maintain relationships with sub-contractors.
- Review executed contract for each project and price the labor.
- Maintain updated standard pricing and send requests for bids to sub-contractors for nonstandard items.
- Maintain communication with sub-contractors throughout bidding process to ensure bid is received on time and covers the complete scope of work.
Custom Options – Provide New Home Advisors with pricing on custom option requests.
- Communicate with New Home Advisors frequently and consistently, and provide prompt pricing and advice on non-standard, custom option requests from clients.
- Build positive and trusting relationships with and provide support for the New Home Advisors.
- Review requests for constructability, code compliance, compatibility with the customer’s other requests and general feasibility.
Job Cost Detail Review – Review and revise job cost detail for individual projects to confirm accuracy of all purchase orders.
- Review contracts and make note of all selections and/or non-standard requests that will impact automatically generated purchase orders.
- Adjust purchase orders as needed to reflect all customer selections and non-standard requests.
- Conduct material takeoffs and confirm accuracy of purchase orders.
- Review jurisdictional requirements and area specific building practices for each project and adjust purchase orders to reflect those requirements.
- Compile all information into a Job Cost Detail Packet to be passed along to production team.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
You are a skilled and accurate estimator, passionate about pre-construction, and value partnering with people at all levels. You are comfortable seeking out information, researching pricing options and negotiating on pricing where needed. You enjoy building relationships and working in a collaborative manner within a team environment.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Equivalent experience or bachelor’s degree in construction management, business, or related field preferred.
- Familiarity with local building codes.
- Knowledge of common construction practices.
- Networking and Relationship Building.
- Exceptional Organizational Skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Excel and Planswift.
- Ability to read and interpret building plans.
- Ability to conduct material takeoffs from plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical audiences to multiple parties across multiple projects.
- Ability to creatively and decisively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Minimum of four years of related construction experience required.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Simplicity by Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
WHO WE ARE
Simplicity by Hayden Homes is an on-your-land homebuilder that builds high-quality homes throughout Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. We manage the burden of coordinating and scheduling multiple tasks throughout the homebuilding process for our customers ensuring their home is built on time and on budget with zero defects. We are passionate about what we do – Building wealth for our Customers, Team Members, the Communities in which we build and the Northwest Economy is WHY Simplicity exists.
Simplicity has a collaborative, team centric, and execution-oriented culture. We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance, which is why we were named the #1 Best Company to Work For by Oregon Business Magazine in 2019.
At Simplicity by Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.