Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company to work for in Oregon?
WHO WE ARE
Hayden Homes has been the Hometown Builder in communities across the Northwest for 30 years, with an unwavering commitment to building the highest quality home for the lowest possible cost. We have a collaborative, team centric and execution oriented culture, and are passionate about supporting the communities where we build, work and live, in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. In February 2019, we were honored to be named #1 Best Company to Work For in Oregon by Oregon Business Magazine.
We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance. If you are a motivated individual with a strong work ethic who shares our core values and is looking for their next exciting opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
The Assistant Project Manager will assist in overseeing and managing the construction of homes within assigned communities ensuring the highest standards of safety and quality and delivers homes on schedule and within budget.
- Safety – Ensures construction of homes is conducted in a safe manner and safety regulations are followed.
- Quality – Ensures each home is constructed within quality standards and takes corrective action when quality standards are not met.
- Budget – Manages all financial duties associated with construction projects keeping the projects on time and on budget.
- Schedule Management – Manages each project by the schedule and oversees all construction activities within assigned community ensuring projects are completed following Hayden Homes systems, processes and standards.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
Education: High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field preferred.
Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret building codes and construction documents; including but not limited to I-Joist and truss engineering, blueprints and grading plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Ability to motivate suppliers and trade partners to deliver product timely and produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with suppliers, trades, customers and internal team members to discuss and document requirements/changes, address concerns and provide timely project status.
- Ability to drive / travel daily and overnight as needed within local and regional areas and must have a reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and insurance.
Experience: Minimum of four years of related construction experience required.
Travel: Daily travel within local and regional areas required. To be considered, candidate must have or have access to a reliable vehicle, valid drivers’ license and drivers’ insurance.
Key Competencies / Success Indicators:
- Quality Focus
- Time Management
- Safety Focus
- Composure & Resiliency
At Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.