WHO WE ARE
Hayden Homes has been the Hometown Builder in communities across the Northwest for nearly 30 years, with an unwavering commitment to building the highest quality home for the lowest possible cost. We have a collaborative, team centric and execution oriented culture, and are passionate about supporting the communities where we build, work and live, in Idaho, Oregon and Washington. We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance. If you’re a motivated individual with a strong work ethic who shares our core values and is looking for their next exciting opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
As the Assistant Project Manager (*In-Training), you will direct and coordinate the production of homes by interacting with customers and trade partners in a courteous and professional manner and promoting a team environment for everyone on the jobsite.
You will use your interpersonal skills to develop and nurture strong relationships with both internal and external partners. You must be willing to continually learn, grow and share your knowledge.
The Assistant Project Manager (*In-Training), will have the opportunity to:
- Review all plans for function and construction value, obtain bids and select qualified and secondary suppliers and subcontractors.
- Assist in managing all financial duties associated with construction projects keeping the project on time and on budget.
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment.
- Learn and use our Customer Service Management system, KOVA, to capture pertinent data that will be shared and used by various departments.
- Receive hands-on training in the Hayden Homes Way (systems and processes).
- Identify and share improvements to our processes and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field preferred.
- Minimum of four years of related construction experience required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret building codes and construction documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Ability to motivate suppliers and trade partners to deliver product timely and produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and customer service skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of the organization as well as build relationships with outside resources.
- Ability to work with suppliers, trades, customers and internal team members to discuss and document requirements/changes, address concerns and provide timely project status.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Daily travel within local and regional areas required. To be considered, candidate must have or have access to a reliable vehicle, valid drivers’ license and insurance.
What We Offer
Your benefits package from Hayden Homes consists of a comprehensive range of benefits including Healthcare coverage, Health and Dependent Daycare Accounts, Disability protection, Retirements benefits, Paid Time Off, Home Purchase Program, Professional Training and much more.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to and works in outside weather conditions and thus is exposed to wet, humid, hot and/or cold conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet in the office, and moderate to loud in the field.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and use hands and fingers to grab, pull, push and lift. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 – 40 pounds or more. An example of lifting are cabinets, appliances or other construction related items.
The employee will have to walk on uneven/unfinished surfaces such as rocky grades and around disturbed surfaces such as trenches or un-graded areas, construction debris, etc. The employee must also stand, sit, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb. The employee may have to step up or down to get into or out of homes under construction (at times 2’ or more). The employee may be required to position and use a 6’-8’ ladder for light work such as painting, caulking or other light duty construction tasks.
This job description is a general description of the job. This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that this position may perform.
Hayden Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.