Would you like to work for the 2019 #1 Best Company to work for in Oregon?
WHO WE ARE
Hayden Homes has been the Hometown Builder in communities across the Northwest for 30 years, with an unwavering commitment to building the highest quality home for the lowest possible cost. We have a collaborative, team centric and execution-oriented culture, and are passionate about supporting the communities where we build, work and live, in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. In February 2019, we were honored to be named #1 Best Company to Work For in Oregon by Oregon Business Magazine.
We value strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and a work/life balance. If you are a motivated individual with a strong work ethic who shares our core values and is looking for their next exciting opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
As an Accounting Specialist you will join a close-knit group of eight others to make up the accounting team here at Hayden Homes. If you enjoy problem solving, thinking outside the box, and working toward a common goal with a like-minded group of people, you could be the person we’re looking for! In this industry, the learning never stops whether it’s brushing up on GAAP for changes and new issues, learning about land development, homebuilding, borrowing, escrow or real estate. You will join a dynamic team of driven individuals who work hard and play hard.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for working collaboratively with the accounting, finance and accounts payable departments to ensure timely and accurate financial information. This position provides support to the controller and staff accountants.
You will be challenged to grow through:
- Responsibility for creating and distributing invoices for various land development projects in process.
- Completing daily accounting entries including booking home closings and helping the VP of Finance manage daily cash flow.
- Learning to reconcile our complex collateral pool loan statements monthly.
- Responsibility for month-end balance sheet entries and reconciliations.
- Responsibility for other month-end loan, bank and GL reconciliations.
- The opportunity to reconcile and post various credit card accounts monthly.
- Helping with the annual budgeting process.
- Helping with the annual financial statement audit.
- Learning every facet of the accounting and AP departments, while working with our 10-person team, from utilizing our cutting-edge home-building software, to reconciling multi-million-dollar credit facilities.
This is an opportunity to use your accounting skills in a fast-paced work environment with no limits; to think autonomously and creatively, while working with a driven team focused on building wealth for our customers, team members, communities, and the northwest economy. There is never a dull moment here at Hayden Homes, and for the right motivated person, this job presents an incredible opportunity!
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
- Experience in accounting industry preferred.
Key Competencies/ Success Indicators:
- Driving Results
- Active Listening
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Information Seeking
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, to various audiences
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks, likely with competing priorities
- Ability to creatively solve problems and work under time constraints with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with team members to produce quality work within tight timeframes while managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Exceptional organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Travel: Approximately 1% annually within local and regional areas. Employee will use their own vehicle.
HOW YOU WILL BE REWARDED
Hayden Homes’ compensation and benefits package consists of a competitive base salary along with quarterly bonus opportunities, generous health care coverage including medical, dental and vision benefits for team members and dependents, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, a team member home purchase discount, paid time off, volunteer time off, education reimbursement and career development opportunities.
Compensation: Based on individual, relevant experience.
At Hayden Homes, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We employ, train, compensate and promote team members regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
This position is not open to agencies or 3rd party recruiters.