Because new neighborhoods have very little historical information to glean from, it can be difficult to know if you have made the right choice in a home builder.
Here are 10 questions you should ask your real estate broker or agent, before signing a contract on a new home. These questions will help you determine the credibility of the builder, the neighborhood, and the potential for problems ahead.
1. What is the average price of homes (new and existing) in surrounding neighborhoods in this area? What is the average price per square foot of new homes in this area?
2. How long are homes generally on the market in this neighborhood?
3. How many homes have been built in this area so far this year? How many are planned?
4. When is construction in this neighborhood expected to be complete?
5. What are the anticipated HOA fees, and what kind of increases have other neighborhoods with this builder seen?
6. Is this the most expensive house on the block? (You never want to buy the most expensive house on the block…aim for something in the middle)
7. Are there any unknowns about this neighborhood I should know about? For example, garbage routes, empty lots, landfills, school information, zoning changes?
8. How do the schools in this neighborhood fair with those in the surrounding areas?
9. What are the monthly utility bill estimates for this house?
10. How does this builder deal with warranty issues and claims? What sort of reputation does this builder have post-sale?
Asking the right questions is essential to finding the right new home and neighborhood for you and will save you time, energy, and frustration in the end. If you are looking for the perfect new home and neighborhood for your lifestyle, feel free to contact the Hayden Homes Sales Department to find listings and neighborhoods in your area.
We encourage you to directly contact the communities in which you are interested. Our courteous sales staff is more than happy to assist in finding the perfect Hayden Homes for you.
Model home hours are provided along with phone numbers and email addresses. Just click on the State and City to the left that you are interested in.
Should you require further assistance, please call: