If you are one of these people, consider this: there are many advantages to building or buying brand new.
An article in NewHomeGuide.com weighs the options of building new, which gives buyers the freedom to see their vision take hold, and buying brand new, which allows buyers to accurately comparison shop and “kick the tires” so to speak, before buying.
If you are trying to decide whether to buy new or build, consider some of these advantages and disadvantages to building versus buying a new home.
Home building pros:
- Control: Building a home lets you have control over all the features and options that will affect you on a daily basis.
- Knowledge: As you monitor the construction process, you’ll learn useful things about home construction and gain a sense of ownership that can only come from watching your house take shape step by step.
- Expert advice: You’ll have the expertise of the builder, contractors, and an architect to guide you. Have peace of mind knowing that the pros are thinking about code, permits, and energy efficiency — not you.
- The eco-friendly edge: You have the option of using environmentally sound materials and energy-saving features that will both make your conscience feel good and keep more cash in your wallet over the years.
Home building cons:
- Cost overruns: You could have to pay extra for unexpected expenses. Unexpected costs can occur in any home construction project.
- Time: Waiting for construction to finish can be disheartening, not to mention that having to come up with alternate living arrangements while you wait can be costly.
- Stress: Every time a decision has to be made or a problem arises, you’ll hear about it. Dealing with those considerations on a daily basis throughout the home building process can take their toll unless you’ve got a positive mental attitude.
Home buying pros:
- Shopping around: You get to be a critical shopper, comparing different features until you find exactly the right combination at the right price.
- Bargaining: You can drive a tough bargain and get the best deal possible, knowing that, in a competitive market, there are other options waiting for you right up the road.
- Taking your time: When buying a new home, you get to work at your own pace. You can take your time house hunting. And when it comes to moving in, you work with the seller to choose a date that’s soon or a few months away.
Home buying cons:
- Concessions: When buying a home, may have to make concessions in regards to features you want. You may not find the “perfect” house since you didn’t design it yourself. And you may need to spend money making updates or repairs.
- Stress: Finding and making an offer on a new home can be stressful, especially if you are in a seller’s market. You may need to act fast or make an offer that’s more than the listing price if you get stuck in a bidding war.
via “Building vs. Buying a New Home” on NewHomeGuide.com
Once you have decided that building or buying new is a good decision for you, you will want to decide which builder can best execute your vision, wants, and needs. With Hayden Homes, you get one-stop shopping, which means that you can opt to build on your own land (using our Simplicity program), or you can buy new, selecting from our wide variety of available designs at any one of our 40-plus communities across the Northwest.
Other advantages to building or buying a new home from Hayden Homes include:
- With a Hayden Homes Simplicity, you can take out the price uncertainty of building and avoid cost overruns by utilizing the Simplicities Instant Quote feature. Simply choose the floorplan that works best for you and the features that fit your lifestyle, and then hit submit to get a detailed price quote for your new custom home.
- Simplicity also offers a “turnkey” option that takes care of the details to make your site build ready, taking away a good deal of the stress and headaches associated with building your own home.
- If a new, move-in ready home is a better option for you, but you still desire to customize the features of your new home, Hayden Homes offers the option to personalize your new home by selecting certain options and amenities that fit your lifestyle. You can even preview these options before your visit to one of our many model homes by using our online tool to design your home on our website, in REAL time. Just click on the community and house plan you are interested in, and use the Design Your Home tab to get started. Add choices like fireplaces, window styles, garage extensions and more. Press print to create a personalized brochure of your new home.
Whether you decide to buy new, or build your home, Hayden Homes has a solution for you. Start the process today by visiting one of our communities in person, checking out our model homes online, or by contacting our sales offices.